Sunday, September 28, 2014

Xmas Canvas

Afternoon

Well have been getting quite festive over the weekend, as some of you know I have been at sea for the last 14 years and have very rarely in that time been home for Xmas, now with it approaching quickly I suddenly thought to myself, I do not have any Xmas decorations at all.................  AARRGGG not even a tree.

So a shopping I will go but decided well I should really make my own as well, so I decided to do a large canvas which I have had in my stash for ages.

The canvas is 20" x 20" I first covered it with Gesso and then added some embossed areas with stencils and modelling paste, then gave it another coat with the gesso.


I used some wooden snowflakes which i covered with Wink of Stella glitter pen.


and of course a bow







I added the Silhouette cut out and decided I needed just a bit of colour behind so I washed out some Tim Holtz Fire brick nearly just to water. - I think inked the edges and used some twine for decoration.

Hope you like it


thanks for looking and I appreciate any comments.